Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Unpredictable monotony

I have been 'writing' in my head the last few days what my next post should be.  There have been lots of things keeping me busy and the phrase 'unpredictable monotony' kept coming back to me.  I was going to tell you how I usually know what my days will consist of, but every once in awhile, life has a change of plans.  

 Tanner had a pretty long seizure last Wed. night and ended up having to be admitted to the hospital.  He's fine, we were discharged before lunch on Thursday and he's doing good since.  We see neurology this Wed. for a follow up.  

 I was feeling overwhelmed~ frustrated with how unpredictable life can be.  Today, life showed me that unpredictable can be a very, very good thing too!!

Today started out like a normal Monday.  The boys went to school, picked Owen up and ate lunch, then I was dreading the struggle of picking Tanner up for pool therapy.  Usually Tanner isn't very nice to Owen, it's a constant struggle to keep them from fighting.  When we went to Tanner's classroom, he seemed very tired.  His teacher said he'd been kind of slow since after lunch.  I'm thinking maybe he's still trying to recover from the seizure, we'll go to pool and see how he does.  He was quiet on the drive and I wasn't expecting to get a lot from him, maybe he'll just get some stretching and then go home to rest. 

Here's the thing, Tanner came to life in the pool!  He WALKED unassisted in the water today!!  First time!  Ever!!


He continued to do great the rest of the session; amazing!  If that wasn't enough, when we got home, Tanner used his walker to walk from the driveway, through the garage, through the living room to the table where he sat.  I was so proud, I was thankful remembering this time last year Tanner was sitting in the recliner  recovering from surgery and major pressure sores, and I was revived.  All the frustration I'd been feeling for awhile now was washed away! 

So, that's Monday.  Tomorrow is another day, let's see what it brings!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! That is awesome! Life can be full of wonderful surprises. So glad you were able to capture the moment on video! Way to go, Tanner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so surprised! He's been doing good every week, improving and doing new things so I brought the camera. Neither his therapist or I expected him to just start walking~ it was the best surprise!!

      Delete
  2. My Dad sent this comment to my email and made me cry, in a good way~

    When you least expect it 'unpredictable monotony' happens.
    You and your family have done great things! Continue on and climb the next pinnacle. Proud isn't strong enough to describe how I feel... Great Job!

    ReplyDelete