It's funny how two parents can have two children that are so different. Owen was so little compared to Tanner, about 2 lbs less. We had to buy preemie outfits at first until he filled out. Owen had the sweetest cry, he sounded just like a little lamb baaing. If I had a tough time with Tanner, I certainly was given a break with Owen. He was such a good sleeper, was so adaptable.
I find it so amazing that now looking back, he already was his own person, with likes and dislikes~ it was so different having a typical baby when all I new was a special needs baby.
I called him my funny boy, always making silly faces or these sly little looks like he was up to something. He still does!! Owen is one of the funniest boys I know! He loves knock-knock jokes, playing little practical jokes on you and his laugh is truly music to my ears!
| I turned around and when I looked back I found him in the dishwasher |
It hard to think that my baby is 5, the same age his brother was when he was born. He's growing up, becoming independent, I'm giving him more freedom and responsibility. He's such good boy~ he's growing into a caring, compassionate, loving, funny kid who's favorite color is orange. Loves playing with Transformers, Power Rangers, riding his scooter and helping me in the kitchen. He wants to be a super hero when he grows up, and I think he will!!! I'm so proud to be your momma, I love your cuddles and hugs, but I love watching you go on your own too!!!
You've brought so much joy into our family!
We love you!
| Yup, took all the wipes out :) |
| Snacks!! |
| At the Grand Canyon |
| He loves meat~ chicken, turkey, steak, he eats it all |
| One of my very favorite pictures of my boys |
Birthday boy~
5 looks good on you!!!











Oh, Shannon - what a sweet boy! In so many pictures he looks just like an Ott (just like his great grampy Ott) and in others he looks just like himself. He has a special place in the world. Lots of love from Maine to all of you.
ReplyDeleteOh, I know! I'm so thankful that Gramp did get to meet Owen, but he was only a baby. Owen is definately carrying on the jokes for Gramp though, he'd be so proud!! Love you!!
DeleteThe big day is finally here for Owen…”5 YEARS OLD”!!! I’m sure he’s very excited that it’s his turn to be the birthday boy. He always makes me laugh with his many expressions. He’s so funny and such a bright boy. I love making up games to play with him…he has a great imagination and comes up with one liners that make everyone laugh. Shannon…the photos you posted are so adorable. They capture Owen’s rough and tumble, athletic boy side as well as his tender hearted and compassionate side. He’s a wonderful combination of both. Such a sweet boy. Happy Birthday, Owen! Today is yours…rock it!
ReplyDelete