Monday, March 12, 2012

Birthday blow-out!

Wow!  I think we took celebrating to a new level this year!!  We did a special birthday dinner and cake for each of the boys on their own day with a couple presents. 






He is the best present opener~ his reaction is priceless!

Woody is still a favorite!

Owen has been eyeing a cake at the store for almost a year~ all because some guy told him it had a transforming tank on it!!  So, we got him the cake!


Tanner is the self-proclaimed taste tester

He was so excited about that tank





Friday was so nice last week, the boys went out for a ride



I was so hopeful that Saturday would be nice and we could play baseball outside at the party, but it rained.  We still managed to find ways to keep the kids entertained.

Grandpa brought knock-knock jokes

The neighbor kids came over, we were so excited to have them!  Tanner and the Secili, the girl, are in the same class.  It was very special!



After some lunch the kids got a boost of energy~ we did a little indoor balloon baseball and how long can you keep the balloon in the air?




Here's a little confession~ I haven't done too many 'kid' parties.  We did one other birthday in VA at the bowling alley where we invited kids from Tanner's class.  The rest have all been family parties.  I tell you this because I'm sure a mom who has done many kid parties would have gone about the next phase of the party a little differently.

Presents.

Here's what I was thinking~ there were only 4 kids, they are super close with Tanner and Owen, I don't want anyone to feel left out, I know how hard it is for kids to watch presents being opened and not be able to do it.  Let them help the boys.  I told Owen and Joshua they could be a team and open Owen's presents, and Secili could help Tanner open his.

I think it started out ok.




But quickly things started moving so fast, I didn't know what present was from whom.


And then the silly string was opened, and I lost all control!!  I visioned the silly string being shot outside, because it was going to be a nice day, but Tanner opened his and Brian started it off by shooting Tanner.  Tanner was stunned, didn't know what hit him.  Grandpa helped Tanner out and showed him what to do~ it was over from there!!

literally the moment when all hell broke loose!  lol

no help needed~ he emptied that whole can in a couple minutes

My favorite picture!!

on the tv

this face makes everything worth it!

trying to shoot me

I was laughing so hard, I think everyone else was too!  It was the best part of the whole party!! 

After 2 cans of silly string were emptied, we cleaned up and finished up the last of the presents.  The iPad was a huge hit!

check out Owen's face!

"oh, my, gosh!!"


checking out the apps right away!

The last present to open was to let the boys know we were going on a trip soon.  There reaction was so unenthusiastic that I didn't get any good pictures other than this-

Inside was an airplane with a paper chain of how many days till we leave

I hope to get a bigger reaction when they find out the 'where' next month.
(Disneyland if you don't know, but it's still a secret!!)

We finished off the party with cake and ice cream.  I made some really cute and yummy baseball cupcakes, and I made some interesting, kind of a cute idea orange creamcicle ice cream cone cupcakes.  The most of the ice cream cone ones ended up in the garbage.  I tried.  lol








sad, sad looking cupcakes

And then everyone went home. 

What a birthday week we had!!  I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate these two boys!  Thank you all for your birthday wishes! 

*only one year away till we do it all over again!









No comments:

Post a Comment