Sunday, March 4, 2012

Let the celebrations begin!

Brian got off work a little early on friday so we thought it was the perfect time to get Tanner his ID card.  He needs it by his birthday, it's kind of nuts that he's almost 10!


How cute is that?


We needed to go to the mall to pick up a birthday present~ thankfully they are still little enough that we can do it on the sly without them knowing :)

The mall was a success and everyone was getting hungry.  Do we dare do dinner out??  It's been a very long time since we've had dinner at a restaurant that didn't have a drive-thru.  We decided to give it a try, if we had a meltdown, we'd take Tanner outside.  We were ok with that. 

We picked mexican because it was close, but mainly because you get chips and salsa right away and the boys wouldn't have to wait to eat something.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, my stomach was in knots and I was constantly trying to think 3 steps ahead to avoid any problems that might arise.  This is what we got~


He loved the party!



He was totally embarrassed by the attention

Until the treats came out :)


Was much happier without the hat

The best dinner and early birthday celebration we could've ever imagined!!!!  It was terrific, fantastic, more that I even hoped it would be!!  I was hoping to get through dinner, but we did even better!  The boys ate, we ate, we didn't cause any major scenes.  And we got to surprise the boys with an early party!  I was so proud of my boys, of Brian, and of our family as a whole.  It gave us confidence that maybe we can get back out there~ we've been holed up for awhile, only going safe places, or avoiding doing things all together. 

We did it!!!



Still lots to do for the week and the party next weekend, more pictures to come!

I got him to wear if for about 5 seconds :)









No comments:

Post a Comment